As I said a couple of posts ago, I don’t do these things normally but I guest posted for Grace recently and was touched that she’d tagged me in this, thank you. Grace blogs over at Proclaiming His Excellencies but has been on hiatus, I believe. She is also a fellow YDubber (registration open till August 2nd, check it out).
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you.
- Answer the questions they gave you.
- Give them 11 fun facts about yourself.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for the award.
And so to the questions:
1. Favourite state/country you’ve visited?
I haven’t gotten around much to be honest. There are a multitude of places I’d like to visit. If you had said place, I would have said home but since you said state/country and I’ve never been to the US, I’d have to say Indonesia. For a multitude of reasons. But also Scotland. I really love Scotland
2. Favourite Bible verse?
I don’t actually have one, sorry. But if you want some encouragement, you could go read yourself Isaiah 12.
3. If you could visit any fictional place, what would it be?
Either the Edge from The Edge Chronicles or Aerwiar from the Wingfeather Saga (I’d particularly like to see the Green Hollows and the Shining Isle).
4. What was the last movie you watched, and on a scale of 1-10 rate it?
The last thing I watched was an episode of The Good Life (which is a great series, you should go watch it) which I’d rate at a six. It was very funny. But the last feature-length film I watched was probably the Hobbit (Part 1). It gets a solid eight.
5. Favourite childhood band?
It was Larry Norman for a while but in my early teens I really like YFriday. It changed fairly regularly.
6. What genre do you love to read?
Fantasy, especially if it has dragons. That said, I’ll read and enjoy most things. There aren’t many books I won’t give at least a chapter’s chance. Horror and romance aren’t really my thing though, it’s safer just to stay away than risk being scarred for life.
7. Favourite way to eat potatoes?
I’m Scottish, so fried. Although I get amazing potatoes from the garden at work. I could eat them any way you like, they’re so good!
8. A Favourite Attribute of God?
Now that’s an unfair one. Though I guess his immutability means we can rely on the rest of his attributes. My brain simply doesn’t get God beyond a very babyish understanding so I’m quite happy to say he’s my favourite as a whole.
9. Dream Car
A purple Fiat Panda. Or a mint green one.
10. Favourite Artist?
I’m going to assume you mean art art rather than music or whatever.
I have paintings that I love but no real favourite artist. Van Gogh fascinates me — I studied him more in-depth than I was supposed to at school but I have a deep interest in art in general. He’s an interesting guy and he paints beautifully. That said, I don’t class much of modern art as art. I could write an entire thesis on Modern Art and Man’s Desire for Godless Autonomy but I’ll spare you and move on to the next question instead.
11. Favourite TV show?
We didn’t have a TV growing up so I’m not entirely sure. It’s a hard one anyway because so many rely on innuendo and things (worse things) to pick up ratings. For comedy, I enjoy The Good Life; for fantasy, Firefly (content warning); and I quite enjoyed the first couple of seasons of White Collar when I watched it (content warning for a couple of the episodes again). Man in the High Castle was very well done but what was with the creepy opening song?!
I’m only tagging five for this.
- Caroline from Of Dragonlings and Bat Wings
- Anika of anikawalkes.com
- Dylan from Sincerely Charmed
- Anne from Conscious Dreamers
- Amanda from Scattered Journal Pages
- What is your favourite hymn?
- If you could have any job, real or imaginary, what and why?
- Cat person, dog person, or neither?
- The best sandwich ever?
- What made you start writing?
- What’s your favourite part of the writing process?
- What is your favourite movie ever and why?
- What are the last three books you read and did you enjoy them?
- Who is your favourite secondary character in fiction and why?
- If you had a bucket list, what would be on it?
- How long is a piece of string?